The role of the TAFE teacher embraces the continuum of the learning process. TAFE teachers are expected to be able to:
provide advice and service to those enquiring about courses and training
assess and determine the training requirements of new and existing clients
manage the learning process for clients using a variety of teaching strategies.
TAFE teachers are expected to be competent in teaching and assessment activities that include:
recognition of prior learning
workplace and classroom delivery and assessment
facilitation of on-line learning and learner support
The TAFE teacher is expected to be an innovator in order to respond effectively to the changing training demands of clients, to embrace new technology and become business-focussed in delivering training outcomes in accordance with business demands. The TAFE teacher works in a wide variety of environments and in different teaching and learning modes including flexible delivery, workplace training and assessment, classroom delivery and on line learning support.
The TAFE teacher will be expected to be able to work effectively as a member of a team and be required to be involved in a range of course/program coordination activities that support the effective operation of the teaching department and the achievement of learning outcomes for students and industry clients.
The TAFE teacher may be required to work across any campus as directed.
Major Objectives and Responsibilities
1. Develop, plan, conduct and evaluate education and training programs.
2. Assess and respond appropriately to student learning needs in order to maximise individual learning opportunities and outcomes.
3. Develop assessment strategies and tools.
4. Assess, moderate and report on student learning outcomes in accordance with appropriate procedures and timelines.
5. Identify and utilise appropriate learning resources, including those that support flexible learning.
6. Maintain specialist and educational expertise.
7. Participate and be responsible for record keeping in both teaching and industry/discipline related professional development activities to maintain vocational competence and to improve skills and knowledge current to the profession or discipline and in accordance with regulatory standards and organisational requirements.
8. A demonstrated commitment to The Gordon’s values and behaviours.
9. Actively participate in an annual performance planning and review process.
10. Comply with all Gordon policies and procedures, and legislative requirements, including: Staff Code of Conduct; Customer Service standards; Quality Management; Equal Opportunity; Occupational Health and Safety; Child Safe Standards; Victorian Information Privacy Act; and contribute to the identification, reporting and control of risks within areas of responsibility and across The Gordon.
11. Contribute to team-based administrative functions related to program delivery.
12. Other duties as required by the relevant manager
Key Selection Criteria
1. Successful completion of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) or successful
completion within twelve months of commencement.
2. A degree, diploma or other approved tertiary qualification in Animal Nursing, Animal Science or Veterinary Science to enable to teach across any of the following courses within the Animal Care and Management Training Package:
Certificate II Animal Studies
Certificate III Animal Studies
Certificate III in Companion Animal Services
Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing
(N.B. The appointee must be able to demonstrate the vocational competencies at least to the level of those delivered).
3. Demonstrated current knowledge, relevant skills and industry/commercial experience including: Veterinary Nursing and/or Animal Management.
4. Understanding of, and willingness to comply with VET Quality Framework requirements and
other relevant legislative and policy requirements applicable to the vocational education and training system.
5. Ability to demonstrate The Gordon’s values and behaviours. Ob
1. Demonstrated Information and Communication Technology skills, eg experience using Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet and on-line learning technologies.
2. Understanding of, and ability to apply, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Human Resources principles, including: Equal Opportunity; Occupational Health and Safety; and risk management.
• Located in South West Region – District 7 (Geelong)
• Fixed Term Full Time (Up to 30 June 2019)
• $76,690pa (plus 9.50% super)
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded community based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
The Vegetation Management Officer provides specialist advice to key stakeholders in the sustainable management of vegetation for fire safety outcomes, having regard for legislative, environmental, political and financial constraints.
Key Outcomes involve implementing risk based programs that meet the key objectives and deliverables of the Vegetation Management Program, consider communities and community values and support capability and capacity building of volunteers.
As the successful applicant you will have:
Demonstrated knowledge of legislative, environmental and technical issues relevant to vegetation management.
Demonstrated experience and ability to coordinate and implement risk based programs and solutions
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability prepare high level written advice, plans and reports
Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
Experience in working with volunteers
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Submitting your Application
When you click the 'apply' button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.
Working in production in a cold, wet, environment packing & trimming meat. The work is very fast paced & will include heavy lifting, bending & twisting .Candidates must be reliable & available for early starts. Apply Online
Our Geelong CBD client is a rapidly growing Sales & Marketing company, currently looking to contract Bar / Hospitality Staff who are ready to challenge themselves and have some fun in Direct Sales.
If successful, you will contract your services as a face to face Brand Ambassador, targeting the Residential market. You will be paid on performance for acquiring new customers on behalf of iconic National and International Clients
All About You -
You are a natural leader
You enjoy a fast paced & forever changing work place
You possess a hunger and passion for achieving goals
You enjoy spending your time with different people
You have spent the last 4 Years in a customer service/ sales role
You are enthusiastic and have a bright personality
What’s on Offer –
Healthy work/life balance
Nation-wide travel opportunities
Network of like-minded amazing people
Negotiable commissions with generous incentives
You determine the success and growth of your business
Supportive business environment that can help you achieve your maximum potential
Take control and embark on a journey of professional and personal development.
Click ‘Apply’ to start the process and if you are successfully shortlisted, our Client will call you directly to further determine your suitability.
Great opportunity. Great business environment. Great rewards
Product Assemblers put together components and subassemblies that go into the production of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products.
Visit the Job Outlook website to find out about education and training requirements.
The Associate Research Fellow will join a multidisciplinary team to provide solutions to materials and manufacturing challenges in the area of carbon fibre reinforced plastics.
This will include:
Initiating and conducting industry project activities under limited supervision either as a member of a team, or independently, to achieve project objectives in a timely manner.
Producing and maintaining project data effectively as well as conducting data analysis and preparing data for publications and reporting.
Constructively contributing to a vibrant research team, including participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
Promoting the activities of the University, particularly those relating to research and research training, within academic and professional communities locally and in Australia.
A relevant doctoral qualification or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering, materials engineering, chemical engineering, manufacturing engineering or relevant science field.
Experience with a range of materials and mechanical testing techniques in the field of thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers as well as experience with composite manufacturing.
In depth knowledge of structure/property relationships in thermoplastic polymers.
Experience in working in a research environment that conducts industry relevant research.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Russell Varley, Tel: +61 3 5247 9577, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 14 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.